1) Entrants must be directors or assistant directors based in Asia and the Pacific, including Australia, New Zealand, and Middle East.
2) If selected, the script under the theme "20 Years of Diversity" must be one of the first 7 works directed by the entrant.
3) Works which might offend national or religious sentiments or public taste are not eligible.
4) Works which have infringed any of its country of origin's voluntary or regulatory codes of practice are not eligible. It is the responsibility of the entrant to withdraw such work should an infringement arise prior to the screening at ADFEST 2017.
5) Previous Fabulous Four directors are not eligible for script submission.
Each entrant submits (free of charge) a script for a 5 minute short film under the theme, "20 Years of Diversity", the theme of ADFEST 2017. All scripts will be read by the Film Craft & New Director jury panel, who will independently vote for 4 of their favorite scripts. Scripts will be sent anonymously to all juries with no information on the identities of the directors to ensure greatest fairness and transparency.
The 4 directors whose scripts receive the highest score will be notified by ADFEST to produce the short film of the scripts they submitted. The short films will be debut at ADFEST 2017.
ADFEST will provide return economy airfare, ground transportation, accommodation, and full delegate registration for these 4 selected directors to attend ADFEST 2017 to show and discuss their works at the Fabulous Four session on Thursday 23rd March 2017.
IMPORTANT: Each entrant must also sign & send in the script submission for to verify they meet the eligibility criteria.
|NOW – Fri 6 Jan||
Entrants submit a scenario script (in English) in word document format for a 5 minute short film of their interpretation of "20 Years of Diversity", theme of ADFEST 2017.
Note: Each Director/Assistant Director can only submit one script.
|Mon 9 Jan- Fri 27 Jan||Film Craft & New Director jury panel members vote for their favorite 4 scripts.|
|Wed 1 Feb – Fri 3 Feb||Directors of the top 4 scripts are confirmed and signed agreement.|
|Fri 3 Feb – Fri 10 Mar||
Short film production
Note: The Directors may shoot with film stock, HD camera, DV-cameras, or other equipments.
However, there will be no production subsidy provided by ADFEST.
|By Fri 10 Mar||All hi-res short films and 30 second trailer by the Fabulous Four arrive at the ADFEST Office in Bangkok.|
|Tue 21 Mar||The Fabulous Four arrive in Pattaya.|
|Wed 22 - Sat 25 Mar||ADFEST 2017|
|Sun 26 Mar||Departure from Pattaya.|
FOR MORE INFORMATION
|Tel:||+662-530-9300 # 23|